So, you’re interested in kayaking in Javea, and more specifically from Cala Portixol (more information here!), Javea? Well, you’re come to the right place! The coast around Portixol beach hosts many secret bays, coves, and caves with underground waterfalls, but finding these alone can be a challenge. Discover completely isolated and hidden spots on a kayak tour in Javea and get a more intimate experience than from ship or shore! Kayaking from Portixol in Javea allows you to fully immerse yourself with nature, kayaking besides an ancient and Jurassic-like coastline, snorkelling in transparent and crystalline waters filled with life, or exploring breath-taking caves of unimaginable beauty!
Siesta Advisor has extensive history operating and offering their services in Portixol, Javea. Having started kayaking from Portixol over a decade ago, Siesta Advisor is by far the most experienced and professional company to be offering kayaking excursions and rentals from there. This also means that we know about all the little secrets and hidden treasures (pun absolutely intended after the recent discovery of 53 golden Roman coins!) that kayaking in Portixol offers, something we are incredibly eager to share with fellow adventurers like yourself!
Our highly experienced kayak monitors will reveal all the little secrets that this beautiful coastline has to offer! First, we will visit a completely isolated bay, called Cala el Pom, where you can enjoy snorkelling with hundreds of fish, all whilst swimming around in an indescribable and pristine bay with tremendous underwater rocks and structures. This little beach is only accessible by sea (making this kayak excursion from Portixol even more special); therefore it is very protected from human deterioration and will offer something truly unique. The fact that it is not crowded is because it is completely inaccessible by land, making this beach almost untouched by humans and meaning that we can find a great variety of wildlife: starfish, octopuses, sea urchins, and much more! In fact, until not so long ago it was not even marked on Google Maps! This beach has all the characteristics of a beach in exotic countries such as Thailand or Vietnam, but without having to go through the trouble of traveling thousands of miles!
On this kayaking excursion from Portixol you will also visit the amazing Cap Negre cape, a spectacular and overwhelming rock formation that stands directly verticle above you, featuring some amazing colours that depict the natural geological processes occuring around Javea's coastline. This is a great educational tool for those interested in rock formation and geology!
And finally, we will take you to Portixol island, a peaceful but incredible place filled with natural wildlife and vegetation. On this island, we will visit a completely hidden and naturally-formed cave where some absolutely breathtaking photos can be taken (take a look for yourself in our gallery) and where we'll take a chance to relax and reconnect with nature! After this we will visit our famous "blue lagoon", a little water pool separated from the sea by land, measuring ten meters in depth, and portraying some of the most prisrtine water conditions ever seen! This is because the waves never get a chance to stir up the water, meaning that it always stays unbelievably transparent. In short, this kayak excursion from Portixol is an absolute must for those craving an unforgettable experience!
Of course! Almost every single person trying out our kayaking excursions from Portixol are first timers, but we always provide everyone with a full guide that you can find here! Within the span of just a few minutes, our highly competent kayaking monitors will teach you the basics of how to enter and sit on, as well as exit a kayak, and once in the water, show you how to propel or paddle forwards and backwards and how to turn. You’ll be able to master it in no time! Let’s not forget, Siesta Advisor only provides the best and highest quality equipment for their kayaking excursions in Portixol, making this process even more exciting. So what are you waiting for, get in touch and let’s go for an adventure of a lifetime!
To be able to access the Portixol, Javea , you will have to take the Portixol road, which is perfectly indicated all the way from the heart of Javea, and it takes around 15 to 20 minutes to reach the beach from Javea city centre. However, it is very advisable to use a GPS to avoid getting lost, as after all, it is a remote location and for those who do not know the area, the roads might be a little bit confusing and disorientating. For those coming with GPS, simply write in “Carrer la Barraca 89, Jávea” and it should take you directly to Potixol beach, Javea.
• Helly Hansen high quality red life jackets
• Carbon fibre paddles
• High performance and streamline kayak imported from the UK
• Cressi water shoes (limited to availability)
• Snorkel masks
• Waterproof bags for personal belongings
• Personal dry storage for all your belongings that you do not want to take with you on this kayaking excursion
• Local, multi-lingual and professional monitor who will accompany you throughout your tour
• A professional introduction and lesson teaching you basic manoeuvring tips, general kayaking information and health and safety instructions
• Completely free professionally taken photographs taken by our monitors and sent over after the tour
• Future contact with your monitor who will be able to help you with all your future inquiries during your stay in Javea
Each tour is between 2h30-3h00! This amount of time is perfect for us to be able to explore and kayak down the coastline as well as be able to snorkel and explore the underwater secrets offered by the Cala el Pom, Cap Negre and Isla de Portixol!
You are on the water approximately half of the excursion coasting down along with the waves, and the other half you visit the beautiful and hidden locations offered by the tour as well as snorkel and have snacks!
We do not have an age requirement for this tour, meaning that even children are able to do it! We would however recommend them to have some basic knowledge of swimming!
The Mediterranean is blessed with very calm water conditions due to its enclosed nature. Additionally, Cala del Portixol is in a bay itself, meaning that even when the open sea is rough, we are protected and sheltered! We are fortunate enough to have some of the best conditions on the Costa Blanca, with crystal-flat waters almost every single day!
Be it in the morning when it’s less busy, or later in the afternoon to experience beautiful sunsets, kayaking with Siesta Advisor is exceptional all-day. In the morning people can enjoy the privacy and the tranquillity of the sea, at midday those who tend to get cold in the sea can enjoy the refreshing sunlight warming your body whilst you float around, and in the afternoon you can enjoy the beautiful sunsets and prepare yourself for a calm and refreshing night with the family or friends! Additionally, kayaking in Javea can be done all-year! Javea boasts with having around 330 sunny days a year, meaning that even winter temperatures can reach 25oc! Let’s not forget, out of season there is significantly reduced tourism, meaning that you will be able to enjoy more private and intimate tours with your friends and family, often having a guide just to yourself!
To be able to access the Portixol beach, you will have to take the Portixol road, which is perfectly indicated all the way from the heart of Javea, and it takes around 15 to 20 minutes to reach the beach from Javea city centre. However, it is very advisable to use a GPS to avoid getting lost, as after all, it is a remote location and for those who do not know the area, the roads might be a little bit confusing and disorientating. For those coming with GPS, simply write in “Carrer la Barraca 89, Jávea” and it should take you directly to Potixol beach, Javea.
Portixol beach itself has a big car park with capacity for a dozen cars. However, this space fills up super quickly during the summer months, therefore, to find a parking space it is necessary to arrive very early to the beach. As well, you can find some parking on the road going up from Portixol. Normally both car parks are already full by 10:00 am in the months of July and August. If you arrive and do not find any parking, we advise you not to leave the car on areas where it is not allowed to park such as on the sides of the narrow road (as you will see that many people do this). This is because the police goes down to Portixol very frequently and fines all of those who do now respect the parking areas, and even toes away cars in high summer season. Thus, if there is no parking, do not risk it, even if you see other people are doing it!
It should also be noted that in the summer months the beach is subject to a control limiting the number of visitors, so if the beach is full when you arrive, you will not be allowed to enter. Thus, it is best to get up early if you want to visit Portixol. Currently, no reservation system has been established to enter Portixol
We highly recommend doing the excursion in swimwear and/or clothes that you don’t mind getting wet as kayaking is a water-based activity. Appropriate footwear (not flip-flop, not slippers, closed beach shoes) is also important, not only for your safety, but also for your personal comfort when disembarking on small, beautiful pebbly beaches. One or two towels are also advisable.
Drinking water is essential as to avoid dehydration throughout the tour, and a few snacks (sandwiches, fruits, chocolate bars, nuts, sweets) to help with energy.
• Siesta Advisor is the most sophisticated and experienced activity centre on the Costa Blanca. With over ten years of experience behind us, we have managed to master customer service and customer experience, merging it into the most perfect, smooth and unforgettable experience for each client.
• Siesta Advisor is the only Activity Center in Javea operates 24/7 with a unique way. We have a special out of hours service which means we are available on the phone or by e-mail to respond quickly to your needs.
• Our store is centrally located in Javea and it is in easy reach either from the outskirts and all in-city holiday urbanisations.
• Our equipment is some of the best and highest quality on the market, cleaned and maintained to the highest standards to ensure the most perfect and sophisticated experience for each customer.
• We have some of the highest customer reviews in the entirety of Spain for our industry, ranking Siesta Advisor at the very top. The customer feedback speaks for itself!
• We have countless awards and certificates relating to hospitality, quality assurance, safety and security - all of which have been acquired through extremely hard work, dedication to our services and a passion to grow and expand.
• You can book our services online directly on our website.
• Alternatively, you can call on +34 639 908 367 or email on email@example.com to make a booking
• Or if you fancy to come and meet the team in person, please do not hesitate to come into our shop on Avendia de Paris 35, Jávea, and get all the responses to whatever questions you may have!
• For any cancelations, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org in order to give us a notice of the cause and purpose of your cancelation.
• However, if the cancelation is within 24 hours of the activity, we may not be in a position to give a full refund.
• In order to be eligible for a special discount, please contact us directly.
• If you have a special discount card from us, notify us and we can apply the discount directly to your booking
Interested in kayaking in Javea? More importantly, one of our guided kayak excursions in Javea visiting all of the little secrets our Jurrasic-like coastline has to offer? Learn more about Kayak Javea on this page!
Well, this tour is for those who crave a bit more of an adrenaline filled adventure. Having perfected the balance and combination between some insane cliff jumping, as well as snorkelling in arguably the best location in Javea, this kayak tour in Javea will leave you speechless.
Our #1 highest rated and most popular kayak excursion in not only Javea but on the Costa Blanca, the Ultimate Sea Cave Kayak & Snorkel tour! Prepare yourself for some underwater sea caves, abandoned and hidden bays, as well as crystal clear waters for some of the best underwater experiences possible!